So what makes a good subject line?
There’s a stack of best practices out there – but in my view, the role of the Subject Line is NOT just to get your email opened and read.
It should also avoid leaving your reader feeling ‘mis-sold’ or underwhelmed when it comes to digesting the content within the email.
This is a trick that so many Business Owners, Entrepreneurs and Marketers make when crafting the ‘perfect’ subject line.
They over promise, then fail to deliver in the content – leading to low engagement and unsubscribes.
So when it comes to drafting a subject line for your next email shot, consider asking yourself the following questions…
- Is this subject line clear, simple, and honest?
- Does it add intrigue and provide a sense of urgency?
If the answer is yes, then you could be on to a winner…
Need some inspiration?
Here’s 19 of the best performing subject lines we tested in 2016!
- A powerful shortcut for [INSERT DESIRED RESULT]
- Are you busy on [INSERT DAY/DATE]?
- Don’t fret…
- Don’t forget [INSERT NAME] 🙂
- A quick follow up [INSERT NAME]
- This Is It…
- Action Required – [INSERT SUBJECT]
- Shut the Door. Have a Seat.
- By invite only…
- Back by popular demand
- Can this be our little secret?
- Did you see this [INSERT NAME]?
- You have first dibs!
- Things Just Got A Little Bit Better
- Fancy a date with [INSERT PERSON]?
- Need my help?
- I’d love to know what you think of this [INSERT NAME]
- We love you. To show you our appreciation we’re giving you…
- I need to ask you a question…
I hope you found this useful. Feel free to model, swipe and deploy these subject lines in your business and let us know how they performed for you.
If you’d like more great business building content just like this, make sure you join us at the Entrepreneur DropZone – a free, private, online community for ambitious business owners and entrepreneurs who want more success, wealth and freedom.
Simply click below and hit join and we’ll see you there.